Collection of 5 Best WordPress Security Plugins
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform in the world. Millions of websites including various popular blogs are using WordPress as a content publishing platform. So, hackers are also more interested in hacking WordPress based websites. Thousands of websites are hacked by exploiting these vulnerabilities. There are many past examples in which a single vulnerable plugin led to the hacking of whole web server hosting hundreds of websites.
So, if you are a WordPress user, you must take care of security. You must always keep your WordPress installation updated and secure.In this post, I will discuss various security plugins available for WordPress. These security plugins offer a wide range of features to make your WordPress blog secure from the known threats. I’ve gathered 5 of the best security plugins currently available for WordPress. Keep your site secure by adding installing them on your website.
Here is 5 Most Used Popular WordPress Securtity Plugins for Your Blog:
- WordFence – Word Fence is one of the most popular WordPress security plugins. It keeps on checking your website for malware infection. If scans all the files of your WordPress core, theme and plugins. If it finds any kind of infection, it will notify you. It claims to make your WordPress website 50 times faster and secure. For making your website faster, it uses Falcon caching engine. This plugin is free, but a few advanced features are available for premium users. If you can afford it, do it.
- iThemes security – iThemes Security is the best overall security plugin you can find. It’s robust, yet wrapped in a nice interface which makes it easy for any novice to use. This plugin fixes many issues that leave WordPress sites vulnerable, as well as hardens the security. For instance, it will hide the login and admin pages, remove information hackers use to gain access to your site, scan your site for any vulnerabilities, and make regular backups of your database.
- Sucuri Security – Sucuri Security is the security plugin for WordPress. This plugin is from the popular website security and auditing company Sucuri. This plugin offers various security features like security activity auditing, file integrity monitoring, malware scanning, blacklist monitoring, and website firewall. It incorporates various blacklist engines including Google Safe Browsing, Sucuri Labs, Norton, McAfee Site Advisor and more to check your website. If there is anything wrong, it will notify you via email.
- All in one WP security – As what is probably the top free WordPress security tool, All in One WP Security currently shows over 200,000 installations (versus iThemes 600K). Using a convenient grading system, this plugin makes it relatively easy to see the areas where your website security might need to be improved. The main dashboard has an indicator that ranks your current level of security between 0 and 470 depending upon how many features are currently enabled.With this plugin, there is also the risk of breaking your site. To reduce the likelihood of this happening they have implemented three categories of changes – basic, intermediate and advanced. The basic features are relatively safe to activate while the intermediate and advanced changes have the potential to break some of your website’s functionality. If something goes wrong there are detailed instruction for fixing the problem but it’s still a good idea to err on the side of caution.
- Bulletproof security – Although their website is somewhat antiquated, BulletProof Security continues to be a popular WordPress security plugin in the repository with over 100k downloads. BPS offers two versions of their plugin – free and paid. The paid version is a one time purchase of $59.95 and includes lifetime updates and technical support as well as unlimited installations.
Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter!
Get free online marketing tips and resources delivered directly to your inbox.
Conclusion: Taking any security measure to protect your WordPress site can be considered proactive and will put you in a better position than someone who chooses to do nothing. There are several high-quality security plugins available, all of which are capable of making your website more secure including the free versions.Just try any one and see if it suits you. If you are not happy with its performance, you can download any other plugin to check and use. Every single plugin offers unique security features and do share what plugin do you use for your website.