7 Principles of Sales and Marketing
Whatever you sell and whatsoever the size of your business concern, these simple and comprehensive practices can help you to marketplace and sell your product and services more effectively
• Never miss any chance to present yourself well. Everything from your dressing and business calling identity card to the envelope in which you send an account bill must work towards your marketing goals.
• Spend at least ten minutes a day commercializing your company. So many people don’t do marketing routinely – and then they complain that they don’t have sufficient clients or income.
• Recognize what you want to get out of your marketing before you write the first cheque. You can miss your focus all too easily and invest in worthless activities. In a field as complex and many-sided as marketing, be sure to have a simple, clear target in sight at all times.
• Know what makes you special to customers and prospects, and so that you’ll be able to remind them of your effectiveness in every marketing communication. They buy from you for this reason only.
• Try out. Good stage businesses are built upon great marketing formulas, and you have to arrive at those techniques through trial and error.
• Sort out the people who don’t want what you sell and do away with them from your marketing immediately. Wasting time and effort on the wrong prospects is the single biggest cause of inefficiency in sales and marketing.
• Whenever your plan looks complex, you haven’t finished it yet. The best marketing is blindingly simple-minded. You want to target for a one-page marketing plan, because you may in reality be capable to implement it!