8 Common Blogging Mistakes to Avoid to Become Pro
Well, today i am going to share with you biggest blogging mistakes to avoid.
blogging is no longer a sphere of the chosen writers only. Today anyone can become a blogger. Of course, no one guarantees that your blog will be successful. But you can do everything possible to avoid the biggest blogging mistakes and create a promising blog that in some time will bring you the desired results.
A good start for a blog is crucial. 99% bloggers are making one or another type of mistakes every day. If you fail your start, it will be difficult for you to regain the attention of your readers. So before you start to write, learn out our tips on how to avoid mistakes. This list of recommendations is based on our experience: we analyzed our personal drawbacks and highlighted the most effective decisions that had been taken during launching a new blog.
- NO IMAGES – A blog without images is like a video without sound. And while an image might not always be essential to understand the point of your article, it will make the experience a lot more enjoyable. Inserting images into your blog will hold your audience’s attention for longer, add value to the content, and increase your chance of converting the reader into a lead. Benefits of Using Images in Blogs
- NOT CONSISTENT ENOUGH WITH YOUR POST – Regardless of how often you blog, always make sure that you are consistent. Posting 2-3 times a week would be an optimal solution which would allow you to maintain both the quality and quantity of your writing. There is plenty of room for experimentation when it comes to figuring out on which days you will post, as well as which period of the day rakes in the most views. Read this Blog Post Frequency Secrets
- BLOG NOT ON YOUR WEBSITE – You need to make your blog a part of your website, because readers are a lot more likely to check out the posts which are on the same website, instead of going somewhere else for more. Here is Why Your Website Need a Blog
- USING FREE HOSTING BLOGS – Blog services that offer free hosting such as Blogger and many others can offer a decent platform and an excellent value. However, they are not flexible enough to be able to install the Plugins, themes, and other extensions you truly desire for superior SEO results. All it will take is to register your own domain, and to purchase an inexpensive hosting plan. If you do enough shopping around, you shouldn’t spend more than $50 for both for the year. Why You Should Avoid Free Hosting
- NOT DOING SEO CORRECTLY – There’s not only one right way to optimize your posts for the search engine, but there are general proven methods you can use. For example, in regards to link building, several bloggers I know make the mistake of only linking to the front page of their website. Instead, you should build links that also point to your top, most popular posts. There’s always something new to learn about SEO, so make sure your optimization knowledge is up to date by reading articles or guides from qualified authors such as Google’s Matt Cutts. What Matt Cutts say about SEO myths
- NOT PROVIDING VALUABLE CONTENT – For your readers that they want to read and helps them solve their problems and provides answers. Finding out what blogs get the best traffic helps you understand what they want to read. Here is Book on Valuable Content Marketing
- FORGETTING ALT TAG – With images, it is critical that you include the ALT tag. If the image that you are using is not optimized for a keyword, then your picture will end up being an image file. Google, as well as Bing and Yahoo, place emphasis on ALT tags, so it is important for you to remember this when including images in your posts. Alt tag checker tool .
- AVOID DUPLICATE CONTENT – More than anything else, what really matters about your blog is that it represents you and is genuinely different. While you still need to attune your messaging to what people want to read, whatever you write must be infused with your unique take and style. Nobody will want to read that when they’ve probably already read them somewhere else. Instead, take those news stories and add your angle to them. Here you can check duplicacy.
So what do you think are some other mistakes that bloggers should avoid? Comment down below your blogging mistake experience.
Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter!
Get free online marketing tips and resources delivered directly to your inbox.