Tips to Increase Website Visibility using (SEO) Techniques
Ten Tips to Optimize Your Website
1. Ensure that your content is fully accessible. Provide direct, HTML links to each page you want the search
engine crawlers to index. Keep in mind that search engines typically do not read graphics. If you use Flash
graphic (i.e. a tag) so that search engine crawlers can read the label.
2. Consider creating interesting content (e.g. top ten list, an article on a topical issue, a success story)
or useful tools (e.g. a checklist for assessing service or product quality) that are relevant to your business.
This type of content can lead to an increased number of people using and linking to your site.
3. Ensure that all of your web pages (or the pages you want indexed) are linked to your main page. Ensure
your site has crosslinks (links that connect to other web pages within your website). This makes it easier
for crawlers or bots to navigate your site.
4. Use keywords and key phrases regularly throughout your website, including your main page, and page
titles and URL.
5. Organize the content on your website into well defined topic areas. One idea is to create a web page
for each type of product or service you sell.
6. Update the content of your website on a regular basis.
7. Ask other businesses and relevant and credible organizations to include your website address on their
website (referred to as link swaps or reciprocal links). If possible obtain links from external websites
to your website that link to individual pages, in addition to links pointing directly to your main page.
The more websites that link to your website, the higher your page rank. Keep in mind that the page
rank does not depend solely on the number of links. Search engines typically will rank you more highly
if relevant or trusted sites are linked to your site.
8. Use original and high quality content for your website (i.e. original in the sense that you write the content
or you hire a professional to develop the content). Ensure that your home page also contains high quality
and relevant content.
9. Customize your keywords to suit your target audience. For your potential and existing customers to find
your site using search engines, your web pages must contain keyword phrases that match the phrases
your target audience types into search queries. Therefore, your keywords need to be selected carefully.
Consider using a range of keywords beyond commonly used (or highly competitive) keywords that better
targets exactly what users might be looking for. If you only use competitive keywords, you may have
a difficult time competing with more established companies. You should consider if people will use more
than two keywords to find your product or business as people are increasingly using 3 or more search
terms to find what they are looking for.
10. Regularly monitor your search results on the main search engines. Type in key words or phrases to see
how your business ranks. Use this information to improve your marketing techniques.
Best Of Luck!