Types Of Landing Pages and its Uses
In the previous article, I have discussed what is landing pages and its elements. I hope you got clear idea that what are landing pages exactly. So, now I want to talk about types of landing pages and their uses in lead generation and digital marketing.So, Lets discuss about these two important points:
- What are Landing Pages used for?
- What are the types of Landing pages?
What are Landing Pages used for?
Landing pages have a very specific purpose. And that purpose is conversions. In simplest terms: A landing page entices visitors to take an action. Landing pages are the standalone pages that are designed for a specific marketing campaign.
The purpose of the landing pages is to capture the leads and to warm up the potential customers to the product or service that you are trying to sell.
Landing pages are an indispensable part of marketing and here are few compelling reasons why we need a landing page:
- Easy Lead generation: If you could do one thing right now to drastically improve your lead generation efforts, it would be to use landing pages on your website. Avoid sending too many emails, social media and search traffic on your homepage. That’s equivalent to throwing away your leads. You could capture these leads at a much higher rate simply by sending them to targeted landing pages. Landing pages provide a very easy way to generate leads for your sales team that you can then easily segment, nurture, or distribute to your sales team. You can advertise your landing pages, for example, to drive traffic directly to your page and to get an immediate conversion.
- Give your offers a place to live: The crux of the landing pages is to attract the customers through your persuasive offers on products and services, therefore marketing and Landing pages go hand in hand. Landing pages support your lead-generation efforts. The idea is to require your website visitors to ‘pay’ you in contact information for something valuable like an offer, and your landing page is the collections tool.
- Collecting Demographic Information about your prospective buyers: The marketing and sales team collects the valuable information about the leads. The team can then understand the segmentation of the targeted customers and can analyze from which market, the maximum lead generation is coming from. The team gets a baseline of information about a lead before they reach out.
- Understanding which prospects are more engaged: Landing Pages not only enables you to generate leads; they also allow you to track conversions of the existing leads which you can be used to identify which prospects are more engaged in your business. You can also analyze the behavior and activities of your leads
Few Key uses of Landing Pages:
- Launch of a new product
- To promote free e-book
- To personalize social media profile links
- To enroll people in your e-mail newsletter
- To drive people to your events
Types of Landing Pages:
The purpose that we discussed for building the landing pages creates the need for two types of landing pages- a lead generation landing page and click-through page there are basically 3 types of landing pages which are explained below purpose of all 3 types of landing pages are different.
#1. BUSINESS LEAD GENERATION PAGE
Business Lead generation landing pages are designed specifically for the purpose of capturing contact information about a prospect such as a name, email address, phone number, requirements, etc. to then use to nurture that prospect down your marketing funnel. Without leads, you’ll never be able to generate customers or sell a single products & services.
#2. EMAIL LEAD SUBSCRIPTION LANDING PAGE
The most valuable piece of information you can get from a lead gen page is someone’s email address – which gives you permission to continue talking/marketing to them.
Lead gen focused landing pages create a seamless experience between an advertisement and the information presented to a prospect. The best lead generation landing pages use elements like eye-catching headlines and CTAs to persuade the prospects.
#3. CLICK-THROUGH LANDING PAGE
Click-through pages (sometimes called jump pages) are designed as a conduit between a marketing ad and its final destination. The goal of a click-through page is to “warm-up” the visitor to the product/service you are trying to sell. Commonly used for e-commerce, click-through pages provide enough information to inform the buyer, making them ready to purchase the product.
Conclusion: there are primarily 3 types of landing pages are commonly used to generate different types of leads. landing pages design, look & layout can be different but the purpose and its uses is to generate leads only.