Search Engine Optimization & SEO Copywriting
SEO is also called SEO copyrighting because most of the techniques that are used to promote sites in search engines deal with text/writing.
- SEO Stands for Search Engine Optimization.
- SEO is all about optimizing a web site for Search Engines.
- SEO is the process of designing and developing a web site to rank well in search results.
- SEO is to get better the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines.
- SEO is a division of search engine marketing.
- SEO is the art of ranking in the search engines.
- SEO is marketing by understanding how search algorithms work and what human visitors might search.
If you plan to do some basic SEO, it is essential that you understand how search engines work and which items are most important in SEO.
How Search Engine Works ?
Search engines perform several activities in order to deliver search results
- Crawling – is the process of fetching all the web pages linked to a web site. This task is performed by a software, called a bot, crawler or a spider (or Googlebot, as is the case with Google).
- Indexing – is the process of creating index for all the fetched web pages and keeping them into a huge database from where it can later be retrieved. Essentially, the process of indexing is identifying the words and expressions that best describe the page and assigning the page to particular keywords.
- Processing – When a search request comes, the search engine processes it . i.e. it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed pages in the database.
- Calculating Relevancy – Since it is likely that more than one pages contains the search string, so the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of each of the pages in its index to the search string.
- Retrieving Results – The last step in search engines’ activities is retrieving the best matched results. Basically, it is nothing more than simply displaying them in the browser.
Search engines such as Google and Yahoo! often update their relevancy algorithm dozens of times per month. When you see changes in your rankings it is due to an algorithmic shift or something else outside of your control.
Although the basic principle of operation of all search engines is the same, the minor differences between their relevancy algorithm lead to major changes in results relevancy.
What is SEO Copywriting?
SEO Copywriting is the technique of writing the viewable text on a web page in such a way that it reads well for the surfer, and also targets specific search terms. Its purpose is to rank highly in the search engines for the targeted search terms.
As well as the viewable text, SEO Copywriting usually optimizes other on-page elements for the targeted search terms. These include the Title, Description and Keywords tags, headings and alt text.
The idea behind SEO Copywriting is that search engines want genuine content pages and not additional pages (often called “doorway pages”) that are created for the sole purpose of achieving high rankings.
What is Search Engine Rank?
When you search any keyword using a search engine then it displays thousands of results found in its database. A page ranking is measured by the position of web pages displayed in the search engine results. If Search engine is putting your web page on first position then your web page rank will be number 1 and it will be assumed as with a high rank.
SEO is the process of designing and developing a web site to attend a high rank in search engine results.
What is on-page and off-page SEO
Conceptually, there are two ways of doing SEO
- On-Page SEO– This includes provding good content, good keywords selection. putting keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every page etc.
- Off-Page SEO – This includes link building, increasing link popularity by submitting in open directories, search engines, link exchange etc.