How to Create Social Media Post Update Schedule
You know that sticking to a daily work schedule is important for your business. It helps you get things done on right time , and keeps everything running smoothly. The same is true when it comes to your work for social media marketing.
Understanding which social networks is beneficial for your business before creating a post update schedule.
Most of the businesses use Facebook first. But you may also want to get create an account on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or Pinterest — it is all depending on the audience you’re trying to reach.
If you’re not sure where your audience is spending time much, this cheat sheet will help you understand your social media audience.
Now you need to decide how you want to divide your time for each social networks.
Don’t think that you must have to post new updates on all network every day. You don’t!
Social media is about quality, not only quantity. This is true when it comes to the volume of your audience, and is also true when it comes to the amount of content you share with your audiences on social media.
Here are a few rules to consider when it comes to post update frequency for each social network:
Keep in mind that these are suggested update frequencies; not the requirements for success. Depending on the role each network plays in your social media plans, you may want to adjust these numbers of post updates.
In addition to this, you should also monitor your networks for feedback, and look for opportunities to engage directly with your social media audience.
This helps understand the type of content you’ll want to share on your social network business page/profile.
Don’t jam-pack your schedule with promotional posts. Remember that your goal on social media should be to grow relationships and build trusted audience for your business. It is not to make your all follower, fans and connection into a paying customer.
Try to reduce your promotional content to 20% of your all weekly posts, with the other 80% focused on keeping your audience engaged, informed and entertain.
Here are a few suggestions for the content type that mostly works well on the top social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google plus etc:
Remember that, the best way to figure out what type of content your audience is most engaged and taking interest. Keep tracking your key engagement metrics (post view, likes, comments, shares, re-tweets, clicks, endorsement etc). This insight will help you understand insight that which type of content is working, and what’s not, and what you can do differently to improve your social media strategy.
In addition of this, you can also test different days of the week that which day people mostly active and engaging, and times of the day. For some businesses, the majority of social media activity will take place during the Monday – Friday, between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. work week and some other businesses may see more engagement on Saturday- Sunday (weekends), early morning, or later at night.
It is all depends on your business type, audience and what you share and when you think people are most likely to see your posts.
Now it’s time to pull your schedule together for all networks.
At first, you may want to focus on your most important social network first. Once you see how it works with one social network, you can start to mingled all of your activity into your social media post schedule.
Now see how the schedule might look on Facebook:
Here is: how it might look with Google+ or LinkedIn added to the mix:
When you add high-frequency networks like Twitter or Pinterest, your schedule might feel a little bit crowded. To help you keep up, you can some post scheduler apps like: https://buffer.com/, http://crowdbooster.com/ OR https://sproutsocial.com/
While it still takes little time to get things organized, it will make it easier for you to fit your social media schedule in with all the other stuff you have to take care of each day for your social media marketing efforts.
- Find the best networks that are right for your business.
- Learn what type of content that works well on each network.
- Start with your most important social networks, and add others after that.
- Find the social media management tools you need to improve social media productivity.
- Track your results and Insight to make adjustments when needed.
Keep in Mind!
Success on social media isn’t going to happen overnight.
Your post schedule will help you save your time and stay organized as you build your business presence on social networks. It will also improve your chances of following through on your social media management cost.
Do you Need help getting started? Post your socal media marketing related questions in the comments below!