Top 10 Online Image Editing Software for Bloggers
It happens to all of us. You’re reading a post on someone’s blog the content is good, but the images are what first grabbed your attention. Most of us are visual learners and we all enjoy eye-catching images on a blog. So, how do bloggers do things like add text to their images to make them pop and stand out?
Of course, it is image editing tools. But, which editing tool is right for you?
Here are the top 10 image editing software tools for you.
- CANVA – It is the most popular free online design tool specifically made for bloggers. You can produce professional looking Photoshop-quality graphic images, all with their free basic version. Canva works with drag-and-drop functionality, making it easy to size and move images, add fonts, shapes and text boxes. You can create graphics to be shared on social media; you can customize your own dimensions if they don’t have a template in your preferred size.
- PICMONKEY – It is another highly popular photo editing tool available online. The free Basic version offers plenty of editing options that can really make your image pop. It’s easy to use, just upload your image and get to work. While there aren’t any social media templates you can use for your images, Pic Monkey makes it incredibly easy to crop your photos to a specific size.
- PHOTOSHOP LIGHTROOM – Elements offers huge functionality in editing individual pictures. Lightroom focuses on editing in batches. So it retains many of the features you’d find in Elements but is especially powerful at organizing and editing pictures at a large scale. In the Light room, there is an import button for filters that makes editing super easy. Google Lightroom presets to give you quick and easy edited photos without too much effort.
- PIXLR – Many bloggers aren’t in a position to buy expensive photo editing software, butPixlr is a great Photoshop alternative. It’s a free, robust online editing tool intended for non-designers, and has a lot of the same tools and features you would find in Photoshop.
- PICKTOCHART – Allows you to easily make infographics, reports, and presentations. Infographics are still a powerful way to present large amounts of information in an easy to digest way. You can choose a template or create your own. Picktochart does all the work for you with laying out where the information and visual charts go.
- PICASA – A photo editing software through Google is available on the web. Picasa will search through your computer for any photos, and uploads are easy. You can also see the changes you make while editing with the use of slide bars through one button photo editing. Creating albums isn’t difficult either, so making a slideshow for your blog is not a hassle and it is free.
Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter!
Get free online marketing tips and resources delivered directly to your inbox.
- VENNGAGE – Allows you to create infographics, reports, flyers and even social media postings. It’s an easy-to-use online data visualization tool that businesses and bloggers can use. Venngage uses a drag-and-drop toolbar to make it easy to swap icons or add new ones.
- ADOBE PHOTOSHOP – Made for professional graphic designers, Photoshop is your complete package for editing, sizing, optimizing, enhancing and designing nearly any graphic imaginable for your site and blog. In Photoshop, you work in layers, making it easy to make changes quickly to only one aspect of your image – for example, a filter layer or text layer. One new feature that the latest version of Photoshop offers is the ability to create artboards so you can work on multiple images at a time. This ensures all your images or image variations are contained in one file. With $9.99/ month you can have access to the latest full version of Photoshop for your desktop.
- GIMP – Another free editing tool, it’s an application which has to be downloaded and installed locally on a computer (Mac, Windows, or Linux). It doesn’t work on iOS/Android devices. Easy to use and does pretty much everything that Photoshop can do. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube and blogs to help you as well.
- POLARR – It is an online photo editing tool that has a very Lightroom-like user experience and it’s completely in the web environment. It’s perhaps also the fastest web editing engine that can handle large files.
All of these programs are relatively easy to use with some practice. Download one of them, play around with it and see what you can make your photos look like. Paste a link to the photos you’ve played with in the comments section, I’d love to see one of them…