Top 10 Social Networking Sites by Market Share of Visits
Social Media Is Changing The World And We Are Witnessing It..!!
Social media are online communication platforms that allow users to communicate with each other, share and consume information and any kind of content. Social media has become part of everyday life . It is a good place to see news updates, connect with friends, complain about a product or promote a product. It is good for building profiles, talking about issues and running campaigns. The other difference is that it provides a voice for people to the world that was once only available through the media. This is perhaps is the biggest innovation of social media. This of course comes with risks where it makes it easier to promote negative movements or views.
So, What’s Everyone Using Right Now? Have a Look Through The Updated Roundup Of Social Networks Below To See Which Ones Are Currently The Trendiest.-
Pull contacts from a Web-based e-mail account, into Facebook.com. Find friends in several ways, including search engine to look for a specific person and lot more. Facebook has recently crossed 500 million users and is the most popular Social Networking site of the world.
2. LINKEDIN– LinkedIn is an online social network for business professionals, which is designed specifically for professional networking, to help them find a job, discover sales leads, connect with potential business partners. Unlike most of the other social networks, LinkedIn does not focus on making friends or sharing media like photos, videos and music.
3. TWITTER – Twitter is loved for spreading the word via tweets. Twitter is also considered a social networking service because people create profiles and connect with other people electronically on the service. The connecting process is similar to Facebook, only on Twitter the people who connect with you are called “followers” instead of “friends.” As with Facebook, you develop a list of connections whose profiles you can browse and with whom you can swap messages.
4. GOOGLE + -This site have 300 million monthly active users and is used for relationship marketing. It has over a 53 percent positive interaction between Google+ users and brands.
5. INSTAGRAM – Sharing your photography – whether professional or amateur – has never been easier than it is with Instagram. This social media website allows you to create a personal or business account that is public or private and share your life in pictures. A new feature has been recently updated that is similar to snapchat’s stories feature, where you can share your snaps (stories) publicly.
Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter!
Get free online marketing tips and resources delivered directly to your inbox.
6. YOUTUBE – When you think about watching videos online, you probably instantly think of YouTube.YouTube lets you share personal videos, view other people’s videos and even make connections. As with most other social networking websites, you can make videos private or public.
7. PINTEREST – Pinterest has become a major player both in social networking and in the search world, proving just how important visual content has become on the web. Pinterest’sbeautiful and intuitive pin board style platform is one of the most enticing and useful resource for collecting the best images that can be categorized into separate boards. Pinterest is also growing to become a huge influencer in social shopping, now featuring “Buy” buttons right on pins of products sold by some retailers.
8. Snapchat – Snapchat is a social networking app that thrives on instant messaging and is totally mobile-based. It’s one of the fastest growing apps out there, building its popularity on the idea of self-destructing “snaps.” You can send a photo or short video as a message (a snap) to a friend, which automatically disappears a few seconds after they’ve viewed it. Snapchat also has a unique feature called stories, which allows users to share snaps publicly when they want.
9. Tumblr – Tumblr is a popular micro blogging platform designed for creative self-expression. It is considered a mindful alternative to Facebook and other social media websites where users blog on a myriad of topics. Tumblr 2.0.2 app by Android allows user management of multiple blogs, posts and message views. Users may post texts, quotes, links, photos, music or videos from a Web browser, phone, email or desktop. Tumblr is translated into seven languages, including English, Italian, Spanish, French and German.
10. REDDIT – Reddit is 50% platform for creating your own web forum, and 50% social networking site. Basically, Reddit is a message board wherein clients submit joins. What separates it from a continuous data system like Twitter is that the flood of substance is curated by the group. Things of quality are “upvoted,” and those regarded unworthy are “downvoted.” This decides a post’s position on the webpage, and things that hit the front page are seen by countless individuals (therefore, sending boatloads of activity to the connected website).
The list is tentative. You might want to add your thoughts to the same. Please feel free to share your opinions in the comment section below!!