TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START A BLOG TODAY…
Blogging can be incredibly valuable to a variety of people and for a variety of reasons. Blogging is not just for businesses! I’ve benefited personally, professionally, and financially from blogging.
I started my first blog three months ago. Since that time I have been blogging about four or five times a week. It has been a great learning experience and a source of personal and professional growth. It has also done many great things for my business and has opened up a number of career opportunities that wouldn’t have otherwise been there for me. In this article here are 10 reasons why everyone should start a blog:
- You’ll become a better writer. At its core, writing is communication. It is about recording thoughts on paper and compelling others to agree with them. To that end, writing (just like every other form of communication that has ever existed) improves with practice. Blogging will not force you to become a better writer, it’ll just happen as you do it. And becoming a better writer holds important benefits for the rest of your life—whether you are creating a book, a presentation, a resume.
- Attract an Audience: Blogging enables you to reach the billions of people that use the Internet. Blogging can help you promote yourself or your business. Blogging works as a method for attracting an audience because it provides something of value to them before asking for anything in return.
- You Can Make a Little Extra Cash: These days, it seems like everyone is starting a blog with the idea that they’ll make a lot of money. It’s not impossible, but don’t count on it happening overnight, or even in your first few years. Blogging is hard work, but even if you’re not bringing in a full-time salary, you can still make some extra cash on the side and who doesn’t want that?
- Meet New People: The audience you attract through blogging doesn’t have to just be your “audience.” They can become your friends, colleagues, partners, or lovers. I’ve had many people reach out to me directly after reading my blog. Some of those people have become friends or good business contacts.
- Blogging helps establish you as an authority: What’s one of the most important aspects both of ranking well and drawing in new readers, done with blogging for business? If you answered “authority” you’re right on. It is incredibly important and it’s not something you can buy. The only way to create authority on the web is to create content that is genuinely useful, helpful, and interesting to readers.
- Blogging is low-cost, high-return– Have we mentioned that blogging only costs what you want to invest for writing and imagery? The ROI is way, way worth the small investments. Blogging is both one of the cheapest and one of the most effective ways to drive traffic, views, and attention to your business website and, while it has the potential to produce a huge return investment, it doesn’t cost anything to get started.
- Build your online brand – Blogging is a great way to build an “online brand”. Why does that matter? It matters if you want to keep the door open for continual business and career opportunities. One of the best ways to create, and control, your brand, is to frequently write on topics that you wish to be known for.
- It helps you learn new things: Blogging is about sharing what you see or want to see, in the world. It’s about teaching or sharing what you know and what you, too, are learning. When you start a blog, you’ll find yourself always learning new things about your areas of interest so you can keep sharing without running dry of the idea.
- Blogging Can Become Your Hobby: If you have too much free time and you are constantly browsing on the Web then you should really consider starting a blog.You will soon get addicted to it (in a good way) and you will start learning a lot of things. So if you are bored right now then what are you waiting for? You will get a lot of good and new experiences and nothing to lose.
- Google Loves Blogs: When your blog is ready, Google crawls your pages and it will be listed on Google search. It means you will start receiving additional visitors from the search engines. Isn’t that great? Search engines help to bring new people to your blog that can become your new friends or future business partners.
However, creating a blog for your business is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to boost your SEO, gain more leads, make more sales, drive more traffic, and stay on the cutting edge of your industry. Plus, blogging is a fantastic way to gain inspiration and have fun in your industry.
Here are my reasons for blogging, what’s yours?