Top 10 Video Hosting Websites
“Connect People Together”
In this Digital Era, Nowadays everyone sharing, uploading their small and large video clips to share with their friends on the Internet. No doubt, YouTube is one of the largest video sharing websites with 500 million people using it to share and upload it on the Internet. Here I bring Top 10 other video sharing platforms where you can enjoy uploading and sharing as much as in YouTube you do –
- YouTube – As mentioned above it is one of the largest hosting websites. Originally created in 2005 and bought by Google in 2006. An extremely wide variety of multimedia content is available here: user-generated, TV clips, movie clips and movie trailers video blogging, original Web series, and much more.People all over the world use YouTube as a platform on which to share their lives; however, large corporations also take advantage of the incredibly large global audience available through YouTube to distribute their own multimedia content.
- Vimeo – Vimeo is a U.S.-based video-sharing website on which users can upload, share and view videos. By December 2013, Vimeo has attracted over 100 million unique visitors per month and more than 22 million registered users.
- Daily Motion –DailyMotion was launched in 2005 and based in France, is the second largest video website in the world.Videos at DailyMotion can be found several different ways; via categories or simply by typing in whatever you might be looking for in DailyMotion search bar function.
- Facebook – Facebook takes its places as one of the most popular videos websites on the Web simply because of the size of its user base, over five hundred million people all over the world visit Facebook on a daily basis. It works a bit differently than the rest of the video websites on this list. Viewing a video is possible in the following situations
- You have liked the video’s parent page
- You are part of the video poster’s network
- You have been tagged in the video
- A video has been directly sent to you via internal Facebook messaging
- A video has been posted onto your Facebook wall
- Metacafe – Metacafe is a video site that specializes in short-form video content. This includes everything from highlights of the world’s best surfers, quick and to-the-point product reviews, and tips on how to complete a difficult level on your favorite video game.
- MySpace – Many of the videos on MySpace are interview-based and feature celebrities in situations you might not always see them in. There are many other similarly themed interview videos on the site, many of which feature musical acts or action sports stars.
- Break – is a highly popular website mainly known for funny videos, clips, and funny pictures. All videos must be no bigger than 60MB. Break provides its users with three ways to upload videos: right from the site page, from your cell phone or you may send a video to Break via email. It’s also possible to add a photo album in JPG, BMP or PNG formats as an addition to your video.
- Yahoo! Screen – An on-demand streaming service for TV shows movies, episodes and other new media. It is one of the most popular sites in the United States. The homepage contains videos that change daily and skew towards comedy, current events, viral videos, and premium entertainment content.
- Flickr – Is an image hosting as well as a video hosting website on which you can upload videos to the internet for free. This site is famous for being a platform for users to share and embed personal photographs, and effectively an online community and so on. Similar to other websites, user accounts of Flickr have two types: free and paid. A free account is allowed to upload 2 videos per month with restrictions of 90 seconds max, and 150 MB size each. A paid account can upload as much as videos as you like.
- Netflix- Netflix is a video streaming website developed by Reed Hastings, Marc Randolph in 1997, who previously had worked together at software company Pure. Using Netflix you canWatch Television shows and Movies anytime, anywhere on the web. Netflix announced that it had 34 million subscribers in United State, total revenue for Netflix reached at least $2.3 billion dollars. Netflix has two subscription plans on covering DVD rental services and other instant streaming.
We hope this post help you find the most appropriate site to upload and share your videos and other ones too. Feel free to share your favorite video site with us in the comments below…