What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ?
(1) on-page SEO
(2) off-page SEO
Types of SEO Techniques to improve Ranking
- Proper keyword phrasing of the title wrapped in the title tag.
- Proper use of H1 and H2 tags and text within it.
- Appropriate percentage of keywords within the text content of the page.
- Having a good text to code ratio.
- Efficient and proper semantic use of code.
- Reduce code bloat by avoiding in-line CSS and use of tableless layout coding.
- Having text content higher in the source code order so that text sits higher.
- Use of alt tags and captions for images.
- Appropriate use of bolding and emphasis on certain keywords. and more…
- Participate in social media such as Facebook, Twitter etc. The more active you are on social media the more people will know about you and hence know about your site. This may include putting a Facebook “Like” button and a “Follow Me” Twitter button on your site.
- Participate in Web forums. Many Web forums allow you to have a signature link to your site. This signature link would appear whenever you make a post to the forum.
- Use of bookmarking and sharing sites. These sites include Delicious.com, Stumbleupon.com, Digg.com, SheToldMe.com, RedGage.com, Reddit.com, and many others. In order to harness the power of these sites, you should have a share button on each of your page, so that visitors can easily share your page to these bookmarking and sharing sites. Some of them such as SheToldMe.com and RedGage.com will allow you to share and promote your own content. Others sites such as Digg.com and StumbleUpon.com preferred that you do not “digg” or “discover” your own site pages.
Conclusion: SEO is a one of main factor of increasing traffic to websites and blog because most of the people use search engine to find information on web. So, Why SEO is Must for Every Website it is because without traffic a website/blog is useless.